Learn more about F-Balm™More about me
This cooling, quenching overnight mask plumps and restores with an electrolyte cocktail while strengthening the skin's acid mantle.
With a blend of barrier-replenishing ingredients, including niacinamide, sodium PCA, plant squalane, five forms of ceramides, omega fatty acids, and powerful antioxidants, F-Balm™ effectively rehydrates hungover, overly-parched skin, making it soft and supple. Tiny beads loaded with vitamin F burst during application to deliver extra emollience and soothing hydration.
In addition to restoring the balance of hydration and moisture levels in skin, F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial can improve signs of damage, uneven tone, and texture.
100% Free of essential oils, silicones, fragrance and PEGs. Irritant free.
Vegan and cruelty-free.
Apply 4-5 pumps of F-Balm™ as the last step in your nighttime routine. May be worn to bed as an overnight mask. Also can be layered over Virgin Marula Oil for an extra shot of absorbable moisture.
Tip: Try using F-Balm™ on top of T.L.C. Framboos™ for a gentle, chemical exfoliation while you sleep.
- Vitamin F: Soothing fatty acids (linolenic and linoleic) play a key role in maintaining hydration levels, improving skin texture and suppleness while reducing inflammation and improving acid-mantle strength.
- 4-Electrolyte Blend: Coconut water, sodium PCA, magnesium PCA, and prickly pear extract are powerful electrolytes valuable for their antioxidant and humectant properties. They are vital to helping maintain hydration levels in skin, improving barrier strength and lipid content, calming redness, and protecting against environmental dehydration.
- Niacinamide: Aka vitamin B3, niacinamide has a wide range of benefits, most notably its ability to improve signs of aging (fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness) as well as uneven tone and texture.
- 5-Ceramide Blend: Ceramide AP, NP, EOP, NS, EOS are derived from plant sources and are identical to the wax-like moisturizing substance which occurs naturally in skin. Ceramides help fill in the spaces between skin cells, giving them elasticity, and play a critical role in straightening the skin barrier by helping to maintain the moisture balance of skin while protecting against water loss.
- Squalane: Derived from olives, squalane is a natural moisturizing factor (NMF), which means it works exactly the same as squalane that is found naturally in skin. Squalane acts as both a moisturizing agent and natural antioxidant that soothes and prevents water loss from the surface of the skin without a greasy feel.
- Quercetin: A potent plant-derived antioxidant bioflavonoid, quercetin acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. Some research demonstrates its ability to promote healthy collagen production and speed the healing of damaged skin. Its benefits are amplified when paired with lipids and natural moisturizing factors.
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Squalane, Propanediol, Niacinamide, Olive Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Coconut Alkanes, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Glycerin, Mannitol, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Butter, Sodium PCA, Opuntia Tuna Fruit Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Quercetin, Trehalose, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Creatine, Inositol, Pentylene Glycol, Ferulic Acid, Hydroxytyrosol, Behenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ceramide NS, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOS, Ceramide NP, Ceramide EOP, Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Magnesium PCA, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Adenosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Caprooyl Phytosphingosine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Caprooyl Sphingosine, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Ceteareth-25, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Buddleja Davidii Meristem Cell Culture, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Galactoarabinan, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Nitrate, Potassium Sorbate, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate
Animal Fats/Oils/Musks, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzophenone, Bisphenol A (BPA), Butoxyethanol, BHA, BHT, Chemical Sunscreens, Coal Tar Dyes, -Cones, Detergent, Essential Oils, Ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Hydroquinone, Liquid Petrolatum, Methyl Cellosolve, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mercury, Mercury Compounds, Mineral Oil, Oxybenzone, Parabens, Paraffin Oil, Phthalates, Polyethylene Glycol (PEGs), Resorcinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Siloxanes, Sulfates, Thimerosal, Toluene, Triclosan, Triclocarban
Cruelty-Free. Recycle for Earth's Sake. Supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).
The Drunk Elephant Difference
We are committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the health of the skin or support the integrity of our formulations. We never take into account whether something is synthetic or natural, instead choosing ingredients based on biocompatibility. That’s why we focus on healthy pH levels, formulations the skin recognizes, small molecular structure that’s easily absorbed, and effective active ingredients that also support and maintain the skin’s acid mantle. But what we leave out of our products is just as important as what we put into them, so you will never find what we call the Suspicious 6™ (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS) in our line. We believe that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue, and when they’re removed entirely from your routine—that is, when you take a Drunk Break™—skin can reset and return to its healthiest, most balanced state. This ingredient-elimination diet benefits all skin types and inspired the #barewithus🐘 Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies that chronicles the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found not only healthier skin but more importantly, healthier self-confidence. Learn More.