This multifaceted rescue cream provides replenishing barrier support by reinforcing skin’s acid mantle and defending against the effects of everyday stressors. Lala Retro™ is a whipped dream-come-true for tired, dry skin.
This multifaceted rescue cream, infused with six African oils and a plant ceramide complex, provides replenishing barrier support by reinforcing skin’s acid mantle and defending against the effects of everyday stressors. Sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer easily soaks in to release intense hydration. In addition, antioxidant-rich fermented green tea helps combat signs of aging. Loaded with omega acids, Lala helps skin retain long-lasting moisture, forming a protective layer that allows skin to function at its optimal level.
Formulated at an ideal (and skin friendly) pH of 5.2, Lala Retro™ has the luxurious texture of a rich face cream without feeling suffocating or heavy.
100% free of essential oils, silicones, and fragrance.
Vegan and cruelty-free.
Apply a pump of Lala Retro™ anytime to clean, dry skin. Mix with any Drunk Elephant serum or oil as part of a total skincare solution.
Tip: Add a shot of B-Hydra™ for an additional boost of vitamin B + hydration. Also, Lala Retro™ may be applied to any part of the body for nourishing relief from dryness.
- African-Oil Blend: Marula nourishes, and rejuvenates skin and is high in antioxidants and omegas 6 and 9; mongongo is a super-antioxidant oil that moisturizes and defends from environmental aggressors; baobab is rich in vitamin C and provides moisturizing, antioxidant, and soothing benefits; kalahari melon is a super moisturizing and rejuvenating oil that contains a very high level of omega-6 acids; ximenia is rich in vitamin C and very nourishing and moisturizing; passionfruit is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin C and helps to brighten skin.
- Ceramides AP, EOP, and NP: These plant-derived ceramides are identical to the wax-like moisturizing ceramides that occur naturally in skin. In Lala, they help soothe and maintain the moisture balance of skin while protecting against water loss.
- Phytosphingosine: This plant-derived lipid has powerful soothing and restorative benefits.
- Fermentoil Green Tea Seed Extract: This ingredient provides moisturizing, antioxidant, and nourishing benefits.
- Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer: With a smaller molecular weight than hyaluronic acid, this ingredient is able to deeply penetrate skin, delivering excellent hydration and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Isostearate, Pseudozyma Epicola/Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil/Glucose/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Meal/Malt Extract/Yeast Extract Ferment Filtrate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Passiï¬‚ora Edulis Seed Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-6 Ximenia Americana Seedate, Cholesterol, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Ceramide NP, Phytosphingosine, Ceteareth-20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tocopherol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Animal Fats/Oils/Musks, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzophenone, Bisphenol A (BPA), Butoxyethanol, BHA, BHT, Chemical Sunscreens, Coal Tar Dyes, 1,4-Dioxane, -Cones, Detergent, Essential Oils, EDTA, Ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Hydroquinone, Liquid Paraffin, Liquid Petrolatum, Methyl Cellosolve, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mercury, Mercury Compounds, Mineral Oil, Oxybenzone, Parabens, Paraffin Oil, Phthalates, Polyethylene Glycol (PEGs), Resorcinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Siloxanes, Sulfates, Thimerosal, Triclosan, Triclocarban
Cruelty-Free. Recycle for Earth's Sake. Supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).
The Drunk Elephant Difference
We are committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the health of the skin or support the integrity of our formulations. We never take into account whether something is synthetic or natural, instead choosing ingredients based on biocompatibility. That’s why we focus on healthy pH levels, formulations the skin recognizes, small molecular structure that’s easily absorbed, and effective active ingredients that also support and maintain the skin’s acid mantle. But what we leave out of our products is just as important as what we put into them, so you will never find what we call the Suspicious 6™ (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS) in our line. We believe that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue, and when they’re removed entirely from your routine—that is, when you take a Drunk Break™—skin can reset and return to its healthiest, most balanced state. This ingredient-elimination diet benefits all skin types and inspired the #barewithus🐘 Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies that chronicles the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found not only healthier skin but more importantly, healthier self-confidence. Learn More.