A multi-faceted rescue cream that provides replenishing barrier support by reinforcing skin's acid mantle and defending against the effects of everyday stressors.
This multi-faceted rescue cream, infused with six rare African oils and plant ceramide complex, provides replenishing barrier support by reinforcing skin's acid mantle and defending against the effects of everyday stressors. Sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer easily soaks in to release intense hydration. In addition, antioxidant-rich fermented green tea helps combat signs of aging. Loaded with omega acids, Lala helps skin retain long-lasting moisture, forming a protective layer that allows skin to function at its optimal level. Lala Retro™ is a whipped, dream-come-true for tired, dry skin.
Formulated at an ideal (and skin friendly) pH level of 5.2, Lala Retro™ has the luxurious texture of a rich face cream, without feeling suffocating or heavy.
100% Free of essential oils, silicones and fragrance.
Apply a pump of Lala Retro™ anytime to clean, dry skin. Mix with any Drunk Elephant serum, oil as part of a total skin-care solution.
Tip: Add a shot of B-Hydra™ for an additional boost of vitamin B + hydration. Also, Lala Retro™ may be applied to any part of the body for nourishing relief from dryness.
- African oil blend: marula nourishes, and rejuvenates skin; high in antioxidants and omegas 6 and 9; mongongo is a super-antioxidant oil that moisturizes and defends from environmental aggressors; baobab is rich in vitamin c and provides moisturizing, antioxidant and soothing benefits; kalahari melon is a super moisturizing and rejuvenating oil that contains a very high level of omega-6 acids; ximenia is rich in vitamin c, and very nourishing and moisturizing; passion fruit is rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin c, and helps to brighten skin.
- Ceramides AP, EOP & NP: Derived from plant sources, ceramides are identical to the wax-like moisturizing substance which occurs naturally in skin. In Lala, they help soothe and maintain the moisture balance of skin while protecting against water loss.
- Phytosphingosine: Plant derived lipid with powerful soothing and restorative benefits.
- Fermentoil green tea seed: Antioxidant-rich and provides moisturizing and nourishing benefits.
- Sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer: has a smaller molecular weight than hyaluronic acid and is able to deeply penetrate skin, delivering excellent hydration and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting firmness.
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Isostearate, Pseudozyma Epicola/Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil/Glucose/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Meal/Malt Extract/Yeast Extract Ferment Filtrate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Seed Oil, Passiï¬‚ora Edulis Seed Oil, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernel Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-6 Ximenia Americana Seedate, Cholesterol, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Ceramide NP, Phytosphingosine, Ceteareth-20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tocopherol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Animal Fats/Oils/Musks, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzophenone, Bisphenol A (BPA), Butoxyethanol, BHA, BHT, Chemical Sunscreens, Coal Tar Dyes, 1,4-Dioxane, -Cones, Detergent, Essential Oils, EDTA, Ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Hydroquinone, Liquid Paraffin, Liquid Petrolatum, Methyl Cellosolve, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mercury, Mercury Compounds, Mineral Oil, Oxybenzone, Parabens, Paraffin Oil, Phthalates, Polyethylene Glycol (PEGs), Resorcinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Siloxanes, Sulfates, Thimerosal, Toluene, Triclosan, Triclocarban
Cruelty-Free. Recycle for Earth's Sake. Supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).
The Drunk Elephant Difference
Drunk Elephant is clean, but in our opinion, “clean” is not enough when it comes to caring for skin. We make “Clean Compatible” skincare. Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the skin’s health or support the integrity and effectiveness of our formulations. We never take into account an ingredient’s synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on biocompatibility. You won’t find what we call the “Suspicious 6” in our products (Essential Oils, Drying Alcohols, Silicones, Chemical Sunscreens, Fragrances/Dyes, SLS) making them, in our opinion, appropriate for all skin. We believe that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue we see and when entirely removed from one’s routine (“a clean break”), skin can reset and return to a healthy, balanced state. It is equally, if not more, important what we leave out of the products as what we put in. This skin-elimination diet (think Whole30 for your face) inspired the #barewithus🐘 Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies chronicling the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found success using the line and renewed confidence in their own skin. When formulating the products, we focus on biocompatibility, pH levels and safety, always making sure that the active ingredients are at efficacious levels and remain respectful and always supportive of skin’s acid mantle. Learn More.